Saturday, May 27, 2006

You can call him Ray, or you can...


I have been meaning to blog about this guy Ray LaMontagne. Great voice, great songs. Reminds me of a lot of guys. But he has a fresh and unique delivery. Imagine if someone with a voice like Kenny Loggins only maybe bluesier was doing really cool, laid back songs like Jack Johnson or Ben Harper. Acoustic guitars with the occasional strings, immediately accessible, familiar but fresh. Give him a try.

In the next few days, I hope to write about a couple of artists that would make very terrific additions to any collection. Hopefully the artist will be new and you will like them as well. Jot me a line or post a comment to tell me what you like or to tell me I am way off the mark.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brannigan C said...

I loved the TROUBLE it is a great album, very cool. I'm going to have to look into more of his work. thanks for the recommendation.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home